Sunday, July 27, 2014

As the school year approaches...

A letter to Piper’s teachers:

Here are my hopes for this coming year. 
·        I hope she feels safe and loved in her classroom
·  I want her to love learning and ask questions to learn more
·  I hope you appreciate her silliness, her dance moves and her hard work
·  I hope you can notice how she scrunches her face when she is starting to get frustrated
·  I hope you see that when she is super focused, she won’t leave her work to go potty.  Instead she will do her potty dance until you tell her to go do her business:)
·  Crafting, making things and getting her hands dirty is her love language.  As long as she is doing that, she is an angel
·  I hope you appreciate her creativity.  She may not color inside the lines, but if you ask her why, she will blow your mind with her explanation “because clouds are white mommy, not blue”  Oh.  Duh.
·  When she gets super excited about something she can’t spit it out right away.  Please be patient with my girl.
· When she does get feisty, yelling or getting in her face won’t work.  She needs to be alone.  She will then come to tell you what happened when she is ready.  Then, she will ask for a hug.  You have my permission to do so.  She loves to be loved.
· My girl is an observer.  She likes to watch other people and then she decides whom she wants to be around.  If she doesn’t like what she sees, she is perfectly content playing alone.
·  She has the best laugh.  You’ll want to hear it at least once a day, I promise.
·  I hope you challenge her.  Make things hard for her.  She needs to know that things may not come easily and she may need to work hard at something.  Academically, emotionally, physically, socially.  Challenge my girl.  And let her rejoice and celebrate when she achieves her goal.

      But most of all, appreciate her.  Her whole being.  She is mine and her daddy’s whole world and hearts.  We hand her over to you during the day.  We know she is not the easiest at all times, but she is ours and we appreciate you for being willing to take the time help our babe grow.


~Amy


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful!! Her teachers are lucky and blessed to have that sweetness for one whole year!!

    ReplyDelete