Friday, July 1, 2011

Question From a Friend

It's so interesting how things change after having a baby. All relationships change, whether you like it or not, you make many new friends that are going through similar situations, and you are busy busy busy! Conversations also seem to have changed. Yes, I love to brag about my baby and could talk about her all day to anyone who wants to listen, but I find it interesting that some friends no longer know what to say to you. It's so silly to me since I don't think my personality has changed at all, but yes I have an addition to my life. I have had some silly questions asked and some questions that are quite insulting. However, I had a friend who finally asked a question that really got me thinking and I believe I finally have an answer...it actually took me a day or two to think of my answer!

The question...what is the best and worst thing about being a mom so far?

I just experienced the best thing tonight. Miss Piper was extraordinarily fussy this evening when we got home. At first I started to panic since Jeremy wasn't home and he's my teammate! If I can't calm her down he does something that makes everything all better, now he wasn't here, CRAP!

Then, mommy mode kicked in. I went upstairs, changed the diaper, fed my lil one, turned on some lullabies and rocked her. We rocked and rocked and rocked. No tv, no phone calls, no text messages, no visitors. Just me and my sweet, sweet baby. That is the best feeling and moment so far. Just the two of us relaxed and living in that moment without any distraction.

The worst? That's a real hard one for me. I have loved every second of being with her, so I would have to say the first time leaving her. So many emotions come to you-the feeling of guilt, a bit of emptiness since I'm around her every second of every day, and then the what if's come in to play. What if something were to happen and I don't see her again? What if, what if, what if? It's so ridiculous, but hey, it happens!

I thank my dear friend for finally asking a question that meant something to me and really got me thinking. I have a feeling this question will be something that I reflect on month to month-maybe I'll just have to blog about it;)

No comments:

Post a Comment