Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The Bigger the Better!

As my cousins and I get older things are bound to happen.  Boyfriends, engagements, weddings, babies and a whole lot in between.  It is so interesting being the older of the cousins.  There is such a big age difference and my youngest cousin, Mary, who is now in middle school {cue gasp}.  With all the cousins, starting at me pushin' 30 to the youngest in middle school there's a lot of differences with where we are in our lives.  

I have already gotten married and had a baby, my sister has gotten married, cousins are now in college, graduating high school and generally growing up.  

Sometimes it's hard because, being the oldest, I don't feel like the "cool" cousin I sometimes felt I was-crap, I can't talk the talk anymore, it's just so "cray", hahahaha.  I feel ridiculous even writing that.  And my cousins probably have no idea or can relate to having a career and balancing a personal/family life while raising a child.  

I will say, that with all those differences there is a lot of similarities, too.  The first one I want to bring up is so corny, but honestly, it's the truth.  I feel that we will do anything for each other when all is said and done.  We all love each other.  When we finally get together, which is hard nowadays with everyones crazy lives, you can just sense the love through the laughter and silly glances...we can all have conversations with each other by just exchanging glances by the way:)  

Another thing is that we are comfortable with each other.  We have known each other our whole lives and it shows.  We are comfortable enough to snuggle on the couch while watching movies, share food off plates, say whatever comes to mind even if the possibility of offending someone may arise and comfortable with our appearances with each other.  Sweat pants to family functions?  Uh, duh!!

As we cousins grow up, naturally, our family is growing.  Bringing spouses and babies into the picture.  Friggin' babies people!  It is still surreal that we aren't little kiddies sitting outside eating popcorn and ice cream at grandma and grandpas house while grandpa smokes his cigar and the guys grill.  Now, it's the second wave of cousins.  Piper was the first and Mr. Brayden will be the next.  Now, let me tell you, my cousins-we are all girls.  So, to have a young MAN join the cousin group is the most amazing thing ever!  We can't wait for his arrival and to love on him like crazy.  Poor guy is going to be surrounded by older lady cousins that will be fighting for his attention all the time:)



I can't wait to see the next generation of cousins grow up together and go on vacations together like we did growing up.  Make memories and even when they are separated for decent amounts of time, come together like they were never apart.  Support each other and have a good time together.  Lots o love!


 Cousins with the Grama.  Also known as, the coolest damn lady you could ever meet.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment