Saturday, April 6, 2013

Where Did the Time Go?

Oh my, I just realized that the last time I entered or wrote anything on our family blog was in the FALL!  Well, I will say that I love to write and journal what we are doing on a normal basis, but a little something came along...a little something called "life".  So at this point I shall update!  I really want to try and get back into this as it's something I enjoy, but it becomes harder to do during the school year.  Our schedule gets absolutely crazy.

UpDaTe TiMe!
Jeremy actually went back to working at the hotel.  Back to crazy hours, not having weekends off, and the list goes on.  Not my favorite career field but the man truly enjoys it.


This is how Piper poses when she says, "Pleaaaaaaase".  Lord help us.

I will be leaving first grade next year and moving with my class up to second grade.  I am super excited about the change and am excited to learn, teach and experience a new grade level.  It will be quite a transition tho since I love my current team.  I've always loved them.  I always will love them.  They aren't just teammates, they have become my friends, my "net", the ones I talk to about anything and everything and they are like family.


Piper continues to grow, challenge us, teach us and amaze us every single day.

She is officially a toddler or "big girl".  She's got the attitude of a 16 year old, fashion sense of a diva, heart of gold, loves to share and help her friends.  She is also hilarious.  This kid keeps us laughing every day.

This girl loves her doll she named, Penelope.  I love how Piper shows her love to this doll.  She is such a good "mommy".  

On the topic of Piper girl, I go through phases where I really think I'm doing something wrong.  I didn't handle a tantrum the right way, I lost my cool, I should be teaching her more manners and be more diligent with holding her to them, I should read more books to her, I should expose her to different foods, and the list goes on.  The other day, I saw a poster that said, "Behind every great kid is a mom who thinks she's doing it wrong".  Sadly enough, my eyes started to fill with tears.  Maybe I shouldn't look at all the things she is doing wrong or I am doing wrong, but look at how far she has come.  I love this girl so flipping much and I just want her to be an amazing child, young woman and lady.  Sometimes there just is a lot of pressure on us moms.  And I'm pretty sure we put that pressure on ourselves.;)


This next coming summer and school year will hold lots of new experiences for our family, and my goal is to get back into the "blogging" swing of things to record all of the crazy moments!

1 comment:

  1. She is an amazing little girl Amy, I am sure you are the best mommy she could ever ask for! And Congrats on changing grades, good luck with second grade next year!!!

    ReplyDelete