Sunday, April 29, 2012

"The Net"

"The Net".  Everyone has one and sometimes they don't realize they have it until they need it.  "The Net" is the tight-knit group of friends and family you have that when you need someone to catch you and pick you up from a fall, they're there without hesitation.  These are most likely the first people you call when you have news, good or bad!

This past week was absolute craziness for me.  I was stressed like I had never been before and was experiencing a range of emotions like no other.  I never even felt like this when I was prego-well maybe once when Piper scared us when she was still somersaultin' in the tum tum.  Anywho, Friday hit and a new form of stress hit 15 minutes before the kids were to come into my classroom.  Fabulous.

I broke down.  I cried.  I said words that should never come out of one's mouth.  I freaked.

My "net" was there.  They caught me.  Picked me up.  Gave me strength and courage when I didn't have any for myself.  God Bless the "net".

After school, I continued to feel embarassed, humiliated and broken down.  At that point in time, I was surprised to see who else just knew I needed something. 

I got the random text from one of my dearest friends saying, "Just thinking about you and hoping you're okay".  Don't know how she knew something was off, but she did.  I called her and she helped pick me up. 

Then of course the usual people in my net like my sister and brother in law who dropped off my favorite candies with a text that said, "Check your doorstop.  F*&K stress!"  Ahhh, just what I needed:)

I love my "net" and I hope they know that I will be part of their "net" when they need it.  It's an amazing thing, really, to see who is willing and ready to drop whatever they are doing to either celebrate with you or lend you some of their courage and bravery when you need it.


 Sunday evening consisted of picnic dinner in our backyard, splashin in the pool, bubbles and otterpops!


******************

FUN CHANGES

TOMORROW JEREMY STARTS HiS NEW JOB.  i AM SO EXCiTED FOR HiM.  HE DESERVES THiS AND NEEDS iT. 

WE ALSO REDiD OUR LiViNG ROOM.  iTS FABULOUS AND A BiT DARiNG!:)





One of our new chairs!  We have two of them, so nicely placed in front of our staircase.




Purple, white and lime green are the colors.  Dont mind the computer on the couch, I'm a lazy one and didn't want to move it while it was charging.  SOO LaZY!

No comments:

Post a Comment