Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Lollipops, gumdrops and unicorns

I believe that there are moments in life that are happy.  Happy with bright colors, happy with a certain calm feel, happy with an excited tummy that makes you squeal.

When I was in 8th grade, I had to talk to someone about some issues I was having in my little world.  I remember an exercise she had me do.

"Close your eyes and picture something that makes you happy."

When I did that, for some reason I pictured massive lollipops in every color and gum drops falling from the sky being caught in bright green and yellow umbrellas.  Having a white dress on and rolling through green grass, greener than I've ever seen.  Fairy godmothers, little fairies that live in the forest, a land full of unicorns that glisten in the sunlight.  I don't know why those things came into my head, maybe I was holding on to my youth when I was being forced to grow up in a weird and awkward way.



Now that Miss Piper is here, I want her to use her imagination and believe in things like that.  Believe in things that will make her happy whenever she needs it.  No, it doesn't have to be my massive lollipops or glittery unicorns, it can be anything that she makes up in her head, she decides.




We went to Munds Park this weekend on an impromptu getaway.



I had my lollipop and gumdrop moments thats for sure!



The weather was perfect and Piper loved to be outside in the fresh air.  We even looked for gnomes and fairies hiding in the woods;)



One of my favorite moments however was when all three of us were taking a nap in the bed at the same time.  It was calm and peaceful.  I swear there was a unicorn in the room:)



No comments:

Post a Comment