Friday, June 1, 2012

Summer is Here!

Hip hip hooray, summer is here!!  I will say that it was very hard to say bye to my first graders this year.  They were an unbelievable class and really made me LOVE my job.  I think I needed them to bring me so much happiness after a few rough groups:)  However, it is so nice to have my days with my girl!

I have a bucket list for this summer.
1.  Cook/bake-I've already picked out a few dishes and drink recipes that were delish.  Thank you pinterest for making me a better wife:)
2.  Swim lessons with my lady- CHECK!  We have that all scheduled and we get to experience that with a good friend from college and her son.  Can't wait!!
3.  Father's Day surprise- Can't tell just yet:) heehee
4.  Hit up a Goodwill and find something amazing.  This may be difficult but I will find something without settling!!
5.  Once a week do a random act of kindness.

This summer is going to be fantastical.


 Zoo time with my wiggly worm.


 She digs pudding.


 My fave part of summer?  Super cold lemonade!

One more challenge this summer is getting this girl to nap without being held.  Nap in her own crib!  Somehow this year that little habit began and as much as I love it, I hate it.  She needs to sleep in a crib for nap time.  Fingers crossed!


 Bathrobe makes its appearance again.  My how it is so much smaller this summer!  Ha ha ha.


Dr. Kanagal got a visit from Miss Piper Hornbeck today.  All I have to say is, those shots are a heartbreaker.  I think it gets worse every time we go-having to watch her get pricked.
She is currently weighing in at 21 pounds which is the 50th percentile and 30 inches tall which is 75-90th percentile.  Still our little model:)

 This cracks me up.  Tantrum happening.  Cant you tell with the super straight legs?  Such a goober butt!





 Piper and I had our first girls weekend while daddy was in Colorado.  It wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be, quite honestly.  I was exhausted by the end of the day, since daddy normally takes the early morning shift while I catch an extra 20 minutes.  Lemme tell ya, that 20 minutes really makes a difference.  We definitely missed big daddy and couldn't wait for him to come home.  Pipey even stayed up late to see him.  She was so excited she started to cry, so sweet.

 I would like to take stock in RuffleButts.  Cutest clothes ever.


I'll end this bloggy blog with a reflection.  At this time last year, last summer, it was crazy.  Jeremy was in SuperDad role and I was adapting to being a mom.  Super hormonal and just trying to discover my role as a mother.  We were waking up every two hours to feed a hungry baby and change her teeny diaper.  Learning how to swaddle a baby who hated every second of it.  (She still hates being confined by the way)  So much has changed and we have grown so much as a family.  Good things are a comin'.  I can feel it in my bones.  As long as I have my Jer bear and monkeybutt by my side, it'll all be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment